- To set-up and maintain a continuous registration of data relating
to all children admitted to all pediatric intensive care departments in
- Giving insight in kind and severity of their illness, treatment and
- The comparison of the different departments (benchmarking) on
structure, process and outcome, which can lead to adjustments and
improvements in the organization and standards of care.
- To follow and evaluate changes in policies on structure an process
such as harmonization with the Neonatology departments, developments in
capacity, setting up national and regional transport systems.
- Contributing to the development of quality indicators for the
pediatric intensive care.